Friday, December 12, 2014

Giving a Gift of Compassion

The holiday season always brings a time of gift giving. For many (I'm assuming I'm not the only one) we have more than we need already. Of course I'll accept gifts and can always think of more things I'd like to have (hello, have you seen my What I've Been Eying posts?).

But I also realize that there are thousands, if not millions, of people around the world who are suffering. They have so little and we have so much. Living in America we take for granted the access we have for our basic needs, education, and medical care.

Ryan and I choose to support a child in India through Compassion International. It seems like such a small thing but you gatta think about those starfish and all. We still talk about sponsoring more and I daydream about taking a trip with Compassion to see what they do up close and personal.

Sponsor a Child in Jesus Name with Compassion


Did you know that with just a $38 a month commitment you can change the life of a child living in poverty?!

Let's say you can't do a monthly commitment at this time. Compassion will accept donations as well.

What I get excited about is Compassion's Gift Catalog. There are numerous items you can purchase which will either go directly to a child or into a large fund to be disbursed for that need. You can give $4 to help protect a child from parasites, $30 for a family to get access to a water well, $100 for a bicycle or for an attendant at a birth. The list goes on!

These are good things! I look through them and think of how much of a blessing these gifts are to those who receive them... I do wish I could do more.

So if you're still in search of a gift for somebody this Christmas season or you feel that desire to give compassionately from your heart, I encourage you to check out Compassion International and give to someone in need.

1 comment:

  1. I love this post! :) My husband and I started sponsoring two kids a few months ago, and Compassion is such a great organization! :)

    ReplyDelete