Wednesday, October 15, 2014

1-Minute Cookie in a Mug


After the clock passes 8pm and the children are in bed... I occassionally get struck with a hankering for chocolate chip cookies.

Here's a secret: I don't actually like "baking" cookies. Mix up the dough? SURE! Eat the dough? BONUS! But the part of repeatedly sticking the cookie dough on the pan and putting it in the oven and then taking those cookies out to cool before eating kind of annoys me. I know, I sound lazy. (But this does not take away from the enjoyment of eating cookies!)

Oh, and between the hubby and my kids, if I have made cookies they only last a couple days. Bummer.

So I recently discovered something to give me my cookie fix when I'm in need.

Cookie in a Mug! Chhh-yeah!

I had heard of cake in a mug and brownie in a mug. A quick online search turned up a few different cookie in a mug recipes and I was hooked.

Such a wonderful treat that hits those sweet cravings. And in the off chance you don't have an egg (like I did the first time I made this recipe) add in a spash of milk instead, microwave and enjoy basically eating your personalized fixing of warm, delicious cookie dough.

What are you waiting for?! Grab a glass of milk, ready a spoonful of ice cream to dollop on top, and savor the special treat of Cookie in a Mug for yourself or to share with a friend.

1-Minute Chocolate Chip Cookie In A Mug Recipe (found HERE).

INGREDIENTS
1 Tablespoon butter (it calls for unsalted, but I use salted)
1 Tablespoon granulated sugar
1 Tablespoon brown sugar, firmly packed (light or dark)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/8 teaspoon salt (pinch)
1 egg yolk
3 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
1-2 Tablespoons chocolate chips - DO NOT overdo the chocolate chips or you'll end up with chocolatly mush in a mug.

DIRECTIONS
Microwave butter in mug for about 20-30 seconds until melted. With a spoon stir in sugars, vanilla, and salt until smooth. Add in egg yolk, mixing until no sign of yolk is visible. Add in flour until well-combined. Fold in chocolate chips.

Microwave on high for 40-50 seconds. Though it may not look fully cooked on top, it is fully cooked below. Allow to cool a little and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment