Friday, September 5, 2014

What I've Been Eying IV

I love posting this series. Window shopping... but better. Narrowing down those items I've been looking at has actually made me purchase a few of them. Score!

For this month this is what I've Been Eying:
1. A raised bed garden kit. There are several different options so I'm not sure exactly which one I would choose to go with. William loves to "garden" in the back yard, but we don't really have the best soil or environment to do it for real. I think it would be fun to get a little garden going in the back yard that the kids can enjoy and actually learn how to grow things.

2. My Little Pony Bedding. There is a set at Target that my daughter has fallen in love with. I recently picked up a twin size bed (though I still have to get a mattress) and I told her when she moves into her big girl bed she can get My Little Pony sheets.

3. Anybody who knows me knows I'm a HUGE Doctor Who fan. Really. Ryan and I discovered the series while we lived in Japan... I think it was year 2 of the series re-launch?? Before the death of my phone I had the theme song as a ringer and the sound of the TARDIS as a text tone. I'm such a nerd. But I don't care. I've been thinking of updating my wallet and the Exploding TARDIS hinge wallet looks good to me, though I'm not sure how durable it really is.

4. It seems I must always include a piece of furniture. New house, desire to fill. Anyway, I have been keeping an eye out for accent chairs. I'm not going to be getting any for quite awhile since there are other pieces we need/want more. The lovely charcoal armchair from the picture would be great in our bedroom. Toss on a green pillow or blanket and it will fit right in! I'd also love to find a matching set of accent chairs with a fun patterned fabric for our entryway... but that's even further down on the purchasing list!

5. For my book selection this month I'm actually looking at Lord of the Flies by William Golding. I don't know how I got to be nearly 30 years old and never read it. Lately I have heard some references to it so I figured I should buckle down and take it in. I think I already have an idea what it's about. But, a major piece of literature needs to be read!

So... what have YOU got your eye on?

2 comments:

  1. I just got number 3 for my friend for her birthday and she loves it! I got myself an iphone case that matches :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to send you a picture of the journal and bookmark I use for my classes :) If you like, you can borrow my copy of "The Lord of the Flies" - just let me know and I'll put in the mail for you. It was such a good book, definitely a must read! I saw the MLP bedding set at Target and I have intentionally steered Sophie away from it (because she has a perfectly nice bedding set already). Is there a matching throw pillow though? I might have to check that out if there is. Raised beds are a lot of fun, but they do take quite a bit of water. You might also try some giant buckets (I got some at Big Lots a few years back and put holes in the bottom and did plants in there - it worked pretty well). (And it was a fraction of the cost.) Also, I don't know how much you know about gardening (I feel like I should know that), but anyway, definitely research how big your plants will be when full grown. I sort of glossed over that part with my raised bed, and before I knew it my garden had grown over the sides and eight feet in one direction and four in another . . . which made it hard to get to the garden . . . :) Good luck! Nice eyeing!

    ReplyDelete