Monday, September 22, 2014

600th Post


This marks my 600th published post!

I'm a little surprised. I've been writing here since 2009 when we moved from Japan to New Mexico and were vacationing in Hawaii. In fact, my 5th anniversary here was just a few weeks ago - on the 6th of September.

From this blog I have chronicled our life. It was here I wrote about Alanna's birth, William's diagnosis, travels, PCSes to 3 different homes, weird quirks, and inner concerns. Looking back over my posts I can follow my small family's history... it sort of reads like a journal.

I also realized that I have censored quite a bit and I'm okay with that. When I read old posts I sometimes recall what was going on behind the scenes, things I did not share. Some are good or intimate, not meant to be laid open for the public. And others are bad or embarrassing... even shameful. After all this time, I still struggle with trying to balance my posts to represent a true picture: not full of happiness and rainbows, but not a bunch of complaining and depressing pieces either. I'm not sure how well I'm succeeding there.

But if you're reading this I want to say thank you. Thanks for sticking with my writing and my lack of writing at intermittent times. I hope I can continue to bring some enjoyment and insights. I don't know where this blog will go in the future, but for now I will stick with what I know: my life, my family, my faith.

1 comment:

  1. Yay for 600 posts!!

    I know what you mean about balancing posts with two different realities. Both are true, but one is "safer" to share. I feel the same way about my blog.

    Thank you for writing, and continuing to write. :) I love to read your blog!

    ReplyDelete