Monday, August 25, 2014

Currently Watching: Netflix

www.netflix.com


We have been long time Netflix customers. In Japan we could only get the DVD's so we had the 3 disc deal and rotated them out every week. Apparently living offbase and having a Japanese internet connection prevented us from being able to stream content.

Once we were back in the states and had the ability to stream we went down to 2 DVD's at a time.
Then they did that ridiculous price hike but we weathered through and downgraded to 1 DVD at a time and our unlimited streaming. Even now we keep our DVD plan, though we don't use it as often as we should.


We love streaming. I think we watch that more often that cable. We also have an Amazon prime account so we'll see what's available on their streaming as well. There are times when nothing else beats curling up on the couch alone, as a couple, or as a family with a bowl of popcorn and finding something fun to watch.


Netflix has great children's options for streaming. Right now my kids love My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, Jake and the Neverland Pirates, and Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood.


For Ryan and I, we recently finished 30 Rock and have now moved on to Battlestar Galactica.


In the evenings, when it's just me... well, I'm up to date on Land Girls and am currently watching Mad Men.


I'm always up for finding new things to add to my queue. Have you found anything good? Let me know!


2 comments:

  1. Yay for Land Girls! I loved that show! How do you like Mad Men? I've thought about watching it, but haven't. I'm actually watching Grey's Anatomy right now - it my drug of choice to forget about life. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband and I did all of How I Met Your Mother and Doctor Who on netflix! We caught up there and watched the last few seasons of HIMYM on tv and now watch Doctor Who on tv as well.

    ReplyDelete