Friday, July 25, 2014

What I've Been Eying II

Last week was fun posting about What I've Been Eying... so I'm doing it again this week.

Oh, and today is my BIRTHDAY! Happy birthday to me! 29 years old... my final year in my 20's. I'm sure I'll post more on that later.

But for now, let's check out those items I'm looking at to either buy or just drool and dream over.

What I've Been Eying:

1. Another piece of Ikea furniture: Lugnvik Sofa bed with chaise. It is simple and not bulky. It easily transforms into a sofa bed and when not in sofa bed setting is comfortable and has storage for the bedding underneath! I'd love to get it and put it in the loft so we can watch movies on it and if there are guests, have an extra place to sleep.

2. I don't know what it is about them, but I love birthstones. Mine is a Ruby. LOVE IT! I've been looking at ruby rings for years, but just haven't committed. They're so pretty! Someday it would be nice to get a beautiful, authentic ruby ring. The one pictured is from Jared... lovely.

3. A good-quality wooden playset for the kids outside. Similar to THIS ONE found on Amazon. These suckers are expensive! Several range around the $500-$800 range but others are in the $1,000-$3,000+ price range. Ouch! I'd love to find one moderately priced that we would get some good use out of in our back yard. Not sure when or if that will happen.

4. Go on a cruise! I've never been on one before. From what I've seen, Celebrity Cruises seem pretty good. I really don't care where we go, I can find fun and interesting things to see and do and experience regardless of the destination. Our 10 year anniversary is coming up next March and I would LOVE to do a bit of vacation with the hubby (though I do admit, he's not into cruises because of all the bad media the past couple years). Going on a cruise just seems like fun to me.

5. Now for my book choice. Well, bookS! The Century Trilogy by Ken Follett will keep me enthralled, I'm sure, for awhile. Fall of Giants, Winter of the World, and Edge of Eternity follow five families through the 20th century. I've read Follett's best seller Pillars of the Earth and enjoyed it. I recently bought the sequel to it: World Without End... and read that 1,000+ page book in a couple days! He's got a captivating writing style and I love how his language vividly places images and fully formed characters in the readers' heads.

So... what have YOU been eying?

No comments:

Post a Comment