Friday, May 2, 2014

mic check: 1, 2, 1, 2.... is this thing on?

I have taken nearly a month off from blogging. It has been a nice break... and I've still been reading my favorite blogs like Jessica Lynn Writes, My Camo Kids, and My Wholesome Home and I'm realizing I should branch out and find more non-military related blogs to follow. Anybody got suggestions?

I've got my list of topics I still want to write about and now I have to add in some of the highlights from April (like Easter and Lana's birthday).

Life has been busy and slightly stressful. We are moving to San Antonio in 2-4 weeks depending on the housing situation. Hopefully we will have a solution to our living arrangements by Monday or Tuesday. **fingers crossed**

This PCS is just starting to feel real. Sticking around here since AFIT finished has felt a little awkward. Most of my friends have already left and I see on FB and through messages that they are settling into their new homes and starting their new lives. Those of my friends who are still here are making plans for the summer and even the fall and I won't be around for that. I have felt like I'm in limbo with nothing to do but bide our time. It's for the best... so Will can finish school, or get nearly to the end of the school year.. but that doesn't totally stop me from feeling like I'm just treading water.

Today was the preliminary inspection to check out of housing. I'm happy to say it went well. The best news was that our carpet has passed its life expectancy so we don't have to be as concerned over the condition when we leave. Of course I'll have them cleaned, but chances are it will be replaced anyway once we leave.

My goal is that in the next week I will be preparing for the movers by taking stuff off the walls, touch up painting, separating and organizing stuff, cleaning out a closet for the DO NOT PACK room, and picking up what is needed from the self help store. I'd also love to have all the laundry caught up so I can put that away and live on minimums for awhile. Also... I need to go through the shoe closet downstairs because we have a ton of shoes that the kids don't wear for one reason or another (mostly because they've outgrown them).

I am seeing yet another trip to Goodwill in my future.

Oh well, life is always an adventure and living the military life makes it more so!
sneak peek of April: going inside several Air Force One planes


2 comments:

  1. Check out Cat at www.windmillers.blogspot.com - she has a great blog and she is [mostly] no longer a milspouse. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww, thanks for the mention! What other things are you interested in? I started branching out, looking for some non-military blogs a few months ago, so I have a few that I like. Good luck with the move!!

    ReplyDelete