Thursday, January 2, 2014

Happy New Year 2014

Welcome 2014!

I hope you had a fun time ringing in the New Year. We kept it kind of low key... so low key my husband didn't show up at the house until about 2 minutes before the ball dropped and when I finally found the channel (since I was on Netflix before that and totally forgot about watching anything on cable) we saw the final 30 seconds. We enjoyed some ice cream then called it a night.

The children and I are still adjusting to the time change from our trip home to Washington over Christmas... going to sleep late and waking up late. They did NOT get to stay up and welcome the New Year with us.

I've seen many bloggers doing their year in review and posting New Year's Resolutions or their goal word for the year. I'm not doing that. 2013 was an okay year. Not outstanding and not horrible... just another year. I think I had my head down a lot dealing with the life of an AFIT spouse and mother of young kids.

I am looking forward to 2014 though!
  • Ryan graduates in March.
  • We have a move coming up in 4-6 months which should return us to the Land of Enchantment! Of course the EFMP board or Will's Developmental Pediatrician could force that to change so I'm trying not to get my hopes up TOO high (though they already are).
  • If we do return to ABQ, I get to be with my best friend again!
  • William will start Kindergarten in the fall.
  • I will begin my final year in my 20's.
  • Family will hopefully visit.
  • We might get another dog.
  • We will be making some family decisions.
All good things (mostly)!

The only thing you can call a "resolution" would be that I've started on a plan to read the entire Bible in 1 year.

Like I said, I'm looking forward to this year. I hope to be aware of God's blessings around me and be able to love and encourage others. I want to see growth and positive change in my life, my family, and my friends.

Happy New Year!


1 comment:

  1. You know I am SO INCREDIBLY excited about one (and more) of those things!! :D Happy New Year! :D

    ReplyDelete