Monday, October 14, 2013

Make up 5K

So... remember how I signed up for the Air Force 5K and then because of unsafe weather it was cancelled?

My running buddy and I felt the need to actually earn our 5K medals.

So about a week or 2 later we met up for our regular run, but dressed in our new running shirts. We made up our 3.1 miles and at the end Joanna's husband met us (in uniform) to give us our medals.


And something better? Even though we do not run fast, I set a new record for myself... and wanted to kill Joanna since we started our pace too fast and my lungs really hurt by the end. I admit, I was struggling.

But I did it!

Now I'm signed up for another 5K that takes place next week!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on your awesome time! :) I'm so proud of you! And I have to say that I am really looking forward to running with you when you come back to the Land of Enchantment. :) (I have to warn you though, I have gotten really slow and out of shape . . . running to the top of the stairs winds me, if that says anything . .. )

    ReplyDelete