Friday, June 7, 2013

We reached a breather

Where on earth have I been?

Sorry I kind of dropped off around here. There has been zero motivation to write... though I do have several topics lined up.

AFIT's break has begun so I am thankful to have my husband around again. Leading up to this point life has been pretty stressful. I'm trying to hold things together at home, finish up end of the school year stuff, continue with Will's therapy, and doing things at church. I'm sure that's not really all that much, but Ryan was stressed with his homework and finals and that stress bleeds into the house. It's normal, all the other spouses claim the same thing.

He wasn't available much to play with the kids... and they wanted to play with him. I was stressed because (as somebody social) I wanted to go out occasionally to dinners, or home business parties, or group get-togethers and unless I could arrange a babysitter those outings didn't happen. So then I had to be choosy on what to go to, who to hang out with, and is it worth paying a sitter??

Ryan has been good with trying to arrange breaks for me and giving me acknowledgement for all that I do to hold down the fort. And he was extra nice to bring me home a bunch of chocolate in the days before his finals.

I feel like I've had my head down this whole quarter. I was just striving forward, pressing on with life, getting done what had to be done. Now we're on break and I can finally relax and breathe.

The military's advanced degree programs are no cake walk. They are hard. These men and women are really pushed to their mental limits. I do not envy them at all. Oh, and us spouses take a lot too.

But! But! But! We have now completed what is referred to as the hardest quarter of the program. We are on the downhill slope! Whoo!

That's not to say things will be easy. Hubby will still have classes and research and writing to do, but the intense pressure won't be as concentrated as it has been. He's moving on to thesis work.

My role doesn't really change. I'll still be doing what I'm doing. The nice part is that my husband should hopefully be around a little more... or at least have some flexibility in his schedule to help out if I need him.

Let's just all take a deep breath in... and let it out. Don't you all feel a little more relaxed now? I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment