Monday, June 17, 2013

Liebster Award

Well, whaddya know... I've been nominated for a blogging award.

I'll be honest, I've completely been slacking off in my writing so this made me feel better about not posting regularly. There are still people who read this!

Thank you Rachel from My Wholesome Home for giving me the Liebster Award.
A lot of this is just getting to know me and what not... so here goes.

The Rules for Nominated Person: 1. Post 11 things about yourself.
2. Answer the 11 questions from the blogger that nominated you.
3. Nominate 5-11 more bloggers with under 200 followers.
4. Ask 11 questions of my nominees.
 
===================================
 
11 Things About Me
  1. I absolutely LOVE to read. If I was able to, I'd spend much more time involved with books. And they would be real books. I'm not opposed to electronic books (I do use a Kindle and the Kindle App on my phone) I still prefer the actual pages that require turning.
  2. When it comes to pets, I'm much more of a dog person.
  3. I would choose to clean my bathrooms everyday over having to actually do laundry at all. I loathe laundry.
  4. Before discovering we were pregnant with William, I had been looking into taking the LSAT and going to Law School, like... actually becoming a lawyer.
  5. I once took a special class about identifying your strengths and skills (Engage Your Strengths). One of my top 5, my number 3 actually, was that I'm an "Input"... so basically I'm always gleaning and learning from anything I come across. And random information sticks with me that I'll bring out whenever appropriate (or inappropriate). In case you were wondering, my other strengths were - Communication, Woo, Belief, and Includer.
  6. I'm a HUGE Doctor Who fan. I'm such a Whovian my phone plays the theme song when hubby calls and if I get a text I hear the TARDIS. I secretly wish I'll see another Whovian in public who would hear my phone and start looking around.
  7. I come from a musical family and am also musical. I can sing, read music, used to play flute, can play piano chords, and can fumble around on a guitar. Something I want to point out is that I actually CAN carry a tune. Not tooting my own horn here (okay, I kind of am) but I'm not one of those people who say they can sing and then when you hear them they're totally off key. No, I actually can sing. I'm not a powerhouse or anything, but I have performed many solos, lead worship teams, sang in ensembles and choirs. I like doing it too. Though, strangely enough, I do not sing in the shower.
  8. While at a party recently we were doing an ice breaker. We were to find somebody who had the same favorite movie. I knew immediately I would lose. What's my favorite movie? Zoolander. After admitting this I think it's time to decide on a new favorite movie.
  9. Chatting with my oldest sister I discovered that I, too, have the gypsy spirit. The desire to wander. I always enjoy being on the move and, if I was able, I'd continue to explore and go where my heart led me. Reality and life obligations prevent me from doing so.
  10. I like to research and dream about vacations and travels. Hubby has learned that these are just wishes and no longer gets frustrated when I tell him about them since I know we can't go... he's my logical one who keeps me grounded.
  11. I have swam or at least seen the Pacific Ocean from 5 different countries... yet I have never seen the Atlantic Ocean. West Coast girl? Yes.
11 Questions Answered
  1. Why do you blog?
    • I started blogging, originally, on Myspace while living overseas. It was a way to journal my life and what was going on. When we moved from Japan to New Mexico I started this one on blogger to keep family and friends updated on what we were up to since we live so far away and I also chronicle our family life. It is also my outlet for whatever I feel like writing. 
  2. What's your favorite part about blogging?
    • I like being able to look back at past posts and see what life was like, how I felt about things, who I used to be. I usually write in the moment so when I re-read them I remember my frame of mind and the life situation surrounding my post.
  3. What would be a perfect day? 
    • If it was not a vacation or anything, a perfect day at home would be that I slept in, my kids were already fed and clothed and my house clean when I got up. I would able to play with my kiddos without them fighting or being disobedient. We'd go on an adventure to a local park or museum and I wouldn't once have to raise my voice... and I could actually spend time soaking in whatever the place had to offer. Lunches would be eaten without incident. In the afternoon I'd have time with a friend or four to hang out and chat. Then a sitter would arrive to watch my little ones while hubby took me out on a fantastic date which would include at some point ice cream and popcorn. Once home I'd take a bubble bath in a dream tub that suddenly appeared and spend the rest of the night reading an addictive book.
  4. Favorite Disney character? (You know you have an inner child ready with that answer.)
    • That's easy: Belle. She had brown hair like me. She loves to read books like me. And it took her awhile to fall in love with her Prince - it's wasn't some random love at first sight thing.
      source
  5. Most favorite memory?
    • This is the hardest question because I have so many good memories. Mostly happy things from my childhood. Private and special memories with my spouse. Memories I've been building with my kiddos. Memories with friends. Trips I've taken. I can't pick just one.
  6.  Favorite relative and why (besides spouse/children)?
    • This is a dangerous question because I come from a large family! I love all my family but right now, since I'm on the spot, I'll choose my little brother. He and I were very close growing up and I felt the need to protect him even though he was quite capable of taking care of himself. He's incredibly intelligent. He's strong physically & mentally and has a lot of motivation. He also has a good heart. And I think even if he wasn't family he'd be somebody I'd want to be friends with because he's just a cool guy. He'll make an amazing husband and father someday.
      stolen from his facebook page
  7.  Best place you ever been?
    • Oh, I've been lots of places. Each has pros and cons. I'll say Okinawa. It was beautiful. There was hardly anybody around us. Yeah I got a horrible sunburn, but there was an amazing aquarium.
      whale sharks at Churaumi Aquarium
      the beach at Okuma
  8.  Most adventurous thing you've ever done?
    • I don't know how "adventurous" it was really, but one weekend I took the kids down to southern New Mexico all by myself. It was a blast! We experienced many things like White Sands National Monument, Carlsbad Caverns, and the Valley of Fires. And I built up endurance on those long stretches of empty road with no cell service. 
  9.  What one thing can you not live without?
    • my faith
  10.  Favorite hobby/relaxing thing to do?
    • read a good book
  11.  Best piece of advice you've ever been given?
    • I don't know if it was the best ever given, but it definitely stuck with me. Shortly before Ryan and I were married we were visiting his dad and he told us when it comes to marriage "it's the little things that nibble at your ankles that bring you to your knees." It is so true. And when I know people are getting married I pass that along to them. Don't always ignore the small things. Deal with them because it will add up and ruin what you have.
My Nominees
  1. Ashlee @ I'll Love You Forever
  2. Ashley @ Eights On The Move (maybe you'll be motivated to get writing again too!)
 
11 Questions Asked
  1. What is you favorite movie?
  2. If you could live in another time period, what would it be?
  3. Where is someplace you have never gone but really want to visit?
  4. Favorite 'knock-knock' joke?
  5. Where were you and how old when you met your best friend?
  6. If you really could do or be anything you wanted, what would it be?
  7. Favorite nail polish?
  8. What is one of your phobias?
  9. What is you favorite kind of shoe?
  10. If you could have a superpower, what would it be and why?
  11. What do you HAVE to have when you leave the house?
 
Okay, and that does it. Whew.... if you're still here, congrats. And those I've nominated I look forward to reading your answers.
 

2 comments:

  1. Yeah! I love that you did this. I'm a new Whovian, and already addicted. AND LOVE the meme about belle and the library. It was so great to learn a little more about you today :D

    My Wholesome Home

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry I am just now reading this but I am totally on board! :) Loved your answers too. I'm amazed at the amount of things we have in common . . . interests and also places we've been. (We vacationed at Okuma when I was a little kid.)

    My post is in the making shortly! :)

    ReplyDelete