Friday, April 19, 2013

Alanna turns 3

Today my baby girl is 3 years old. Wow. Time really does not slow down.

Alanna has nearly always been on the go... crawling at 6 months, walking at 8 months, running by 10 months. I see other children who are those ages and I'm surprised by how little they are. Could she really have been that little?

My daughter is her own person. She knows what she wants and how she wants it. I call her my little spit-fire. She is always keeping me on my toes. But that's one of the things that makes her special.

only a couple days old
13 months old
24 months old


a couple weeks before turning 3

To My Big Girl-

You bring so much life into our family. You are silly, smart, imaginative, creative, happy, loving, friendly, strong-willed, opinionated, and full of personality. People who only meet you a short time realize what energy and zest you have bottled up inside you... though apparently when you are in your Puggles class at church I'm told that you are a quiet and obedient child. For several months they weren't even sure you knew how to talk. Oh my!

Even with Daddy busy so much at school you are turning into a Daddy's girl. It is so sweet (and I know it warms your daddy's heart) as you race to the door when he comes home and with arms raised ask for a "big hug, just a big hug." If he sits down, you grab a book or a stuffed animal or a blanket, settle yourself just the way you want on his lap and just nestle in, adoring his attention.

William is both your best friend and your biggest antagonist. But maybe it's you who does all the antagonizing? Either way, you are almost always the first to want to hug and apologize after a tiff regardless if you were the one at fault or not. But he does look out for you. And when he's gone at school, sometimes you are still lost and not sure what to do without him.

Oh dear girl, how much we love you! You are quite the special gift given to us! What a blessing to see you grow and develop and learn. And I'm so proud to call you my own.

Love,
Mommy


Matthew 19:14 Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these."



2 comments:

  1. Such a sweet post! You can see how much you love your little girl. Happy Birthday to her!

    ReplyDelete