Thursday, March 7, 2013

Happy 5th Birthday William

My adorable little boy turns 5 today.

Five years old.

Where has time gone? 
holding my son for the first time
He used to be so little. He loved to cuddle. He had an infectious laugh.

And really not TOO much has changed.

William is growing into his own person. He is incredibly clever. Friendly to everyone. Still has an amazing laugh... and thankfully still enjoys cuddling with his mama on the couch.

I love this little guy.

sledding in yesterday's snow

Dear William-
 
Happy Birthday buddy! What a blessing you are in our lives and I love you so much!
 
You are a sweet boy. Everybody tells me how wonderful you are and I'm so proud to call you my own. Your teachers and therapists say how hard you work and I know first hand because I'm right there with you. You are amazing. I have seen the progress you've been making and I'm so happy for you.
 
You have been a great big brother for Alanna. She is the epitome of a "little sister" but you handle her well. You are her friend, her teacher, her protector, and the one who loves to tattle on her. It is great to see the brother/sister dynamic between you guys. You two are the ones who crack me up daily.
 
You still adore your Daddy. It is a beautiful experience to see the joy the two of you have with each other. There's definitely something special you share.
 
Five years ago you were born and our lives haven't been the same. I can't imagine life without you. You are special. You are loved. And you are one of my greatest gifts.

Love Mommy




"For we are God's masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things He planned for us long ago."
(Ephesians 2:10, NLT)



2 comments: