Monday, March 25, 2013

A smattering of life

Finally, I am caving to my guilt to write something on here. Procrastinating is a talent of mine.

I'm going to try to be brief and fill ya'll in. Oh, and I don't plan on doing much proof-reading or editing (or else I won't write anything) so I apologize for my sloppy composition.

What has been happening? Well, the other week my mom came to visit. It was nice to have her here and show her around and let her catch up with the grandkids. Almost 40 years ago she was out in this area visiting her aunt and uncle for a summer... she says much has changed since then. We did some shopping, checked out the Air Force Museum, toured the base, saw some Wright Brother sites, and baked goodies.

William had his birthday party. Whew! That was a blur. We had about 15 kids and about 10 adults. We went with a light/glow theme with light up snail balls, the glow sticks, poppers, a box tunnel with Christmas lights, and balloons. It was a lot of fun and parents kept mentioning they felt like they were at a rave. I didn't really take any pictures, but my friend who was there (and a photographer) was snapping away throughout the party so I'll just get those photos from her later and post some to share.

Ryan and I also "celebrated" our 8th wedding anniversary on the 19th. My mom left that day but we went out to dinner and a movie a couple nights before. Then again this weekend, as a family, we went out again for dinner. Spoiled. We never go out to eat this often anymore.

Additionally, the past week brought AFIT's 2013 graduation. I have some very happy friends right now. Sadly, many of these friends are now moving away in the next few weeks. Some are sticking around though.

A couple days ago we had our first successful family movie night. We've tried to do it before but it never worked. On Saturday night Ryan and I got the kids all ready in their PJs, popped the popcorn, and watched the Wizard of Oz. It was a first for our kids. They were more concerned about Toto than Dorothy, but they seemed to like it. I asked Will what his favorite part was and he said he liked the fire (from the Wicked Witch) and he liked the bubbles (when Glenda arrives). Lana seemed to like Glenda and the munchkins. I'm partial to the Tinman myself.

We are currently dealing with yet another lie from the groundhog. Easter is less than a week away and we just received several inches of fresh snow... and it's still falling. My poor flowers are so confused. Earlier today we took some time to play outside but, honestly, I look forward to some warmer weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment