Monday, February 11, 2013

Heavy Heart

I have been crying off and on for most of the afternoon and decided maybe I should share my heart on here. Maybe it will help gather my thoughts. Perhaps it can help somebody in these type of situations or maybe somebody has advice for me.

This afternoon I received a phone call from Tegan in New Mexico asking if I got a text from a friend of ours. When I said no she informed me about what happened and thankfully I was driving in a parking lot because I immediately needed to pull over.

Our friend dealt with infertility for quite some time. I was beyond thrilled for her when she let us know she was actually pregnant! I was bummed that I wasn't going to be there for her pregnancy but couldn't wait until spring/summer because her husband had orders to join us at AFIT! I would be able to reconnect with her and spend time with her little baby girl.

Unfortunately that will not come to be. Today my friend went in to be induced at a solid full term. I do not know all the details or why... but her daughter passed away.

I am heartbroken. I just cannot imagine that kind of pain. We can find comfort that this precious little one is in heaven with the Lord, but I just pray for peace and comfort for my friend and the extended family who must mourn the life they would have enjoyed with this child.

They are surrounded by love from family and friends, a faith in God, and prayers from all over.
this image has been popping up all over my facebook from those offering comfort to our friends
I just feel so helpless. Why did this happen? Why to them? They are good people! They actually WANTED this child! They had tried so hard for so long... and then they are at the end only to have their dream yanked from their hands. I can't imagine the pain. To return to a home so full of hope - nursery set up, gifts probably all over the place... and no beautiful baby girl to enjoy them. There just aren't any answers.

It literally hurts my heart for them. I wish I was there, if nothing else but to sit with my friend, give her a hug and cry with her. What more is there to do? What can be said? Any of those cliché lines people spout off when something like this happens just don't fit. "I'm so sorry for your loss" doesn't seem like enough... their pain has to be so deep, my sympathies cannot give them much comfort (I still offer them though).

I am praying for them. I think that's all I can do. I wish I could do more.

1 comment: