Friday, August 17, 2012

AFIT Babies (not mine)


When it comes to planning our family Ryan and I are at a frozen point with children right now. Everything we heard was that a couple should NOT have a baby while in AFIT... mostly because it is a stressful time and the husband isn't really available to deal with a big change. After experiencing some time here I can understand all of that a lot better, and for us a baby right now would not be a wise decision. Talk to me again around the time of Hubby's graduation!

Here's the thing... I was at a playgroup this week and probably half of the women were pregnant. Some of them had babies only a few months old.

Then a discussion occurred about some meeting a number of husbands had to go to that addressed the big baby boom going on at AFIT right now. The higher ups wanted to know why it was happening!

It was a fun conversation full of laughter and I thought I'd share the top 3 reasons why the women believed the AFIT baby boom was occurring:

  • Right age group -- young families with a sense of job security
  • Husband in one place for more than 6 months -- no deployments, no PCS, few to none TDYs
  • "Study Breaks" -- enough said

Like I said, lots of laughter. The women I'm getting to know here are great. And I really wish and hope for the best with their families!

Why else would a "baby boom" happen here?


Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad that you are getting to know people better and are making friends! That's awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete