Monday, July 30, 2012

touching moment

There was something I wanted to share that I COMPLETELY forgot about!

About a month ago I took the kids to the Sesame Street USO Show. Blog post HERE.

Unbeknownst to us there were reporters at the show we attended... and they were recording.

The reason I know this is because my little brother is in Afghanistan right now. A couple days after the show this was left on my Facebook wall:

So there I was eating lunch in the chow hall, mindlessly staring blankly at the TV which is always tuned to AFN news. When what do I swear I see...the faces of my niece and nephew briefly flashing across the screen. Apparently, AFN did a report on the Sesame Street performance at Wright-Patterson AFB. It was quite a pleasant surprise to see what I saw. Just letting you know.

What a wonderful present! My brother, far away on the other side of the world, got a glimpse at his family back home. It made me tear up a bit and my heart swelled. Wish I could have seen the look on his face when it happened!

Mike and I home for Christmas 2011
Mike with the kids before deploying
If you want to see another little news blurb about the Sesame Street USO show I found another one HERE. I can't find the special one my brother saw.


Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I live in Germanyn& totally saw it too! It was right after you posted about going to the show with a couple pics & Inrecognized them! I meant to comment about it but it slipped my mind! That is awesome that he got a little bit of family in the desert though!

    ReplyDelete