Friday, June 15, 2012

My favorite-est chocolate chip cookies

Chocolate chip cookies and I have a love/hate relationship.

I love to eat them. I hate when others eat them all before I get to them.

Cookies are best when they are round and fluffy but soft and a little chewy in the middle... and I found a recipe that does it!

These lovely cookies are simple to make. I shared the recipe with some other people who also adored the yumminess! My hubby can't get enough, which means I don't get as many. Since the batch only makes about 3 dozen cookies I often double the recipe 'cause they disappear so quickly!

I found the recipe HERE.

Ingredients:
  • 3/4 c. unsalted butter, softened
  • 3/4 c. brown sugar
  • 1/4 c. granulated sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 2 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 2 c. all purpose flour
  • 2 tsp. cornstarch
  • 1 tsp. baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1 c. bittersweet chocolate chips
Directions (**special notes at the end):

  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit 
  • Using a stand mixer (paddle attachment preferred) cream together the butter, brown sugar, and sugar until fluffy and light colored.
  • Add egg and vanilla, blend


  • Mix in flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt.
  • Stir in chocolate chips
OMG, I'm drooling
  • Using a tablespoon or standard-sized scoop, drop the dough onto a baking sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes until just the edges are golden brown. Do not brown the tops and do not bake longer for more than 10 minutes.

  • Let cookies cool on the sheet for 5 minutes then remove from sheet and allow cookies to cool completely on racks.


Super Yummy, right?! Hope ya'll like 'em.

**I'm still having issues switching to an electric oven and I think the temperature reading is off so my cookies didn't turn out as well as they usually do. In addition, I used to bake them at a higher elevation which meant an extra 3/4 to 1 cup of flour. Also, I didn't have unsalted butter and I'm sure it impacted the cookies. It doesn't matter, even if they weren't as puffy as they usually are they were still delicious!

Photobucket






No comments:

Post a Comment