Wednesday, May 30, 2012

The New Base Slump

source
I have officially hit the "new base slump" in earnest.

Not sure what it is, but I just feel like I'm in limbo.

I know things will start picking up in the next month, but for the time being... I'm sort of lost.

There are a couple ladies I have spent time with and had fun. My house is coming together. There are appointments on my calendar (some of them social). We're still church hunting.

But this isn't home yet.

I guess that's what it all boils down to.

I HATE the weather here. It's too hot and muggy to spend time outside during the actual daytime so I am indoors mostly. And the sky is not big and blue like it was in Albuquerque. It seems shrouded. Hazy?? Whatever it is, it makes me feel sleepy here -- all. the. time.

It's just hard when you first move because you're starting over.

I don't have a friend to call up and spend the afternoon at their place chatting while the kids play. I don't have a meeting to go to for something I'm working on. Will isn't in school yet, he won't even be starting until the fall. There's no therapy sessions I'm scrambling to go to. With finances strapped from the move I don't exactly have the money to go shopping. No random Facebook messages or phone calls from friends inviting me out to some activity/movie/coffee.

I've got crafts I want to tackle, but with the move-in mess I'm not really prepared to get them underway.

Today I got a care package together for my brother and found a post office (with difficulty). Then took the longer way home just so I could explore more. The city is NOT laid out in a grid so it will take me awhile to find my way around. Wish me luck.

Maybe tomorrow I'll go gym hunting and check out the local YMCA. I hear it has a pool... and childcare! That will give me something to do and if I go for a membership it's something I will happily add to my schedule.


Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there! It will feel like home before you know it. :) I so wish that I could just call you up and we could hang out while the kids play - that would be awesome. I know the Lord has just the right friend for you and that you'll be just the right friend for that person who is probably feeling the same way as you right now. Just hang in there.
    Hugs from New Mexico! (where is it very hazy for some reason . . . .)

    ReplyDelete