Monday, May 28, 2012

Memorial Day 2012

It is Memorial Day today. I hope you took time to remember those who have made the ultimate sacrifice for our country. Not just them, but those who have been injured, those who have served, and those who are currently serving in our armed forces.

I will admit that with our recent PCS and STILL moving into our house (unpacking, organizing) I didn't do anything spectacular to mark the occasion... but I did think back and reflect on the amazing memorial I experienced in 2011.



Click HERE and you can see pictures and read about the Yuba City's Calvery Christian Center "A Grateful Nation Remembers" I went to last year. They open this amazing memorial annually. Amazing!

It would have been thrilling to go to it again, though I know it was nearly impossible for me to attend... what with moving, and hubby starting classes, and the whole airfare cost.

So with all that I was doing today I took time to think and reflect.

This year, I thought about my "little" brother who is currently deployed to Afghanistan at a FOB and I'm praying for his safety.

I thought about my uncle's nephew (my cousin-in-law) who, right now, is recovering at Walter Reed Medical Center from devastating injuries he received in Afghanistan.

I thought about the family stationed in Germany, a friend of a friend, who just experienced that dreaded knock on the door and laid to rest their loved one this week.

I thought of my many military friends who have husbands deployed. And those who have husbands at home.

I also thought about my dad, who is now retired from military service.

And, of course, I thought about my husband and our place in this country.

I hope you all had time to reflect on this Memorial Day and why you get this day off from work and school. It's much more than BBQ's and parties.


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment