Thursday, April 19, 2012

Happy 2nd Birthday Alanna!

Today is my little girl's 2nd birthday!

Happy Birthday Alanna!

We actually celebrated last weekend since my sister was in town and I'll be gone on a retreat this weekend.

Time flies and a lot has changed.

a few days old
13 months old (you were full-on walking at 8 months)
about a week before your 2nd birthday
My lovely little girl!

How amazing are you? You are so full of joy and energy that just radiates into our family. What a precious blessing you are! You are a strong, determined little girl with a HUGE personality. Oh, and you're stubborn. But that is what makes you, you.

Right now your language is exploding. You have a comment for anything. When Aunt Retta was visiting she said asking you questions was like asking an 8-ball... you never know what answer you're going to get. So true. Just this morning you were pounding knocking on my bedroom door and clear as day I hear, "open da door!" then with prompting you added a "please." Something that still makes me laugh is how quickly your emotions move. You could be incredibly upset over being told "no"... on the floor crying. Then I ask if you want a certain thing, like going to the park, and it's an immediate "yes" with you standing and no tears anymore. So dramatic.

I think we've watched "Tangled" at least a million times now and would probably have watched it 2 million times if both the DVD and BluRay disc had not been scratched so badly. Guess mommy will have to get them replaced soon. You still love Rapunzel though. You now have 2 dolls of her as well as one of those mini ones.

You have started opening door knobs. Today your brother, home from school sick, taught you how. I'll thank him later.

The two of you are actually a good combination. You are adventurous and outgoing which then motivates William to try new things as well. My little girl, always up for exploring! Oh, and because of him you are one tough cookie, you hold your own in larger groups of kids of different ages, and you fight back! But you're still afraid of the vacuum.

Shall we move on to books? You're addicted! It is so marvelous to see that love of books starting so early. I see a lot of myself in you with that quality. Every night you will not stop bringing me books, which is why I now choose about 4 and then you have to be in your bed while I read them... otherwise the pile won't stop growing. I've gone into your room after you're sleeping and find books everywhere! They are by your bed, on the chair, under your pillow, and in between the sheets. Other times you will wake up from a nap, or just be hanging out in the room, and I find you alone on the floor by your bookshelf surrounded by books with one in your lap while you "read" to yourself aloud -- turning pages carefully. I love it. We still have to work on putting those books away though.

Music? You love that too. You'll run around doing your own dances to songs. You have begun trying to really sing along to simple songs we know. And you'll happily clap your hands as mommy sings.

It seems that right now you truly want to be around me. You follow me around, want to do what I'm doing, and enjoy our special cuddle time. Daddy is just fun to you. You're so excited when he comes home that you run to the door crying out "Daddy" in that adorable voice, anticipating him picking you up and tossing you in the air. He is your rough and tumble toy. Nobody makes you laugh like he does.

I could go on with all the special things that make you who you are today. I'm so proud of what you are accomplishing; you're so smart, clever, brave, funny, and beautiful. I love you.

Love,
Mommy

My Prayer for you: LOVE THE LORD!
The Lord says, "I will rescue those who love me.
I will protect those who trust in my name.
When they call on me, I will answer;
I will be with them in trouble.
I will rescue and honor them.
I will reward them with a long life
and give them my salvation."
Psalm 91:14-16 (New Living Translation)


Photobucket


1 comment:

  1. Beautifully said! :)

    Happy Birthday again Alanna!

    ReplyDelete