Monday, April 16, 2012

Craziness on the horizon

Oh my goodness! It has been about a week since my last post... but I have an excuse:

My sister came to visit me!

My middle sister, LaRetta, flew down on Wednesday afternoon so she could spend some time down here on her spring break and celebrate Alanna's birthday with us. We did have a good time. I showed her part of the city, played at the park, we went on Will's school field trip to the aquarium & botanical gardens, attempted to ride the Tramway (but it was closed for maintenance), had Alanna's party, and went swimming.

Yes, busy.

Before that I was working with my Praise and Worship ladies to prepare for our PWOC retreat coming up.

I really feel that I can only take on one thing at a time right now. Let me compartmentalize... that's the best way to cope.

  • Lana's birthday party -- CHECK!
  • PWOC retreat coming this weekend -- requires more work
  • Training the next Praise & Worship Coordinator to take over my position
  • My oldest sister arriving to help with our move soon
  • PWOC leadership installation
  • MOVING!
Ouch, the moving. Can I just keep thinking it is some etherial, mystical, dreamy situation that is NOT on the horizon a few short weeks away?

I'll stay in denial for now. I have enough on my plate without THAT looming over my head. (packers, sorting, gathering paperwork, TLF, driving, hotels, finding a new home...)

And I'm not going to get into some of the issues we're looking at with the actual process of moving --- and seeing my little brother off for a deployment. Yeah, I don't want to think about that either.

Soon I will post pictures of the fun with my sister, but I'm just not up for it right now.




Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment