Wow! It's been FOR-EV-VA since I've participated! Wife of a Sailor has now made this a montly thing instead of a weekly thing so maybe I can keep up better...
On to the questions!
1. What is your favorite/most unique anniversary/birthday gift from your spouse? suggested by Bel at Being a Better Me
- Well, when I turned 21, I happened to be living in Japan. Since we don't drink I wanted a fun, memorable way to celebrate. My birthday is in the summer so I decided I wanted to take on the challenge of climbing Mt. Fuji... and there was a climb right around my birthday hosted by Outdoor Recreation. After talking with Ryan (and some work with his boss) we found the best day was actually a week past my birthday so we went. It took 7 1/2 hours to reach the top and 4 hours to come back down. Oh, and I was out of shape and we got horribly sunburned. It was a wonderful experience that I never want to have again.
- Oh wow... so pretty! Is it going to stick? And my quickly following thought is: crap... I wonder how the roads are going to be.
- I would have done more during the weekends to take advantage of our dwindling time left in New Mexico.
- My friend and I left our kids to be watched at home then escaped to Pecos and Santa Fe to take in some amazing, beauitful, and historical sights. It was an absolute blast!
- Well, my little boy will turn 4. It will be my 7th anniversary and we're hoping to stay at a local B&B. And then if all works out, by the end of the month I will have taken a trip to Southern New Mexico and experienced Carlsbad Caverns and White Sands and visited some friends in Alamogordo.