Friday, March 2, 2012

MilSpouse FIRST Friday Fill-In


Wow! It's been FOR-EV-VA since I've participated! Wife of a Sailor has now made this a montly thing instead of a weekly thing so maybe I can keep up better...

On to the questions!

1. What is your favorite/most unique anniversary/birthday gift from your spouse? suggested by Bel at Being a Better Me
  • Well, when I turned 21, I happened to be living in Japan. Since we don't drink I wanted a fun, memorable way to celebrate. My birthday is in the summer so I decided I wanted to take on the challenge of climbing Mt. Fuji... and there was a climb right around my birthday hosted by Outdoor Recreation. After talking with Ryan (and some work with his boss) we found the best day was actually a week past my birthday so we went. It took 7 1/2 hours to reach the top and 4 hours to come back down. Oh, and I was out of shape and we got horribly sunburned. It was a wonderful experience that I never want to have again.
2. What’s your first thought when you see it’s snowing (or what would you say if you don’t live somewhere with snow? suggested by Poekitten from Many Waters
  • Oh wow... so pretty! Is it going to stick? And my quickly following thought is: crap... I wonder how the roads are going to be.
3. What’s one thing in the past month you would have changed? suggested by Erika from Chambanachik
  • I would have done more during the weekends to take advantage of our dwindling time left in New Mexico.
4.What was your favorite thing that happened in February?
  • My friend and I left our kids to be watched at home then escaped to Pecos and Santa Fe to take in some amazing, beauitful, and historical sights. It was an absolute blast!
5. What are you looking forward to in March?
  • Well, my little boy will turn 4. It will be my 7th anniversary and we're hoping to stay at a local B&B. And then if all works out, by the end of the month I will have taken a trip to Southern New Mexico and experienced Carlsbad Caverns and White Sands and visited some friends in Alamogordo.


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment