Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Happy 4th Birthday William

Just a few weeks old

13 months old (on the train returning from your modeling audition)

2 years old
3 years old
a couple weeks before your 4th birthday


William,

I can't believe how big you are now. Today you turned 4 years old! And I know you will only continue to grow. Time is flying by and you are becoming a full-fledged boy... no longer my baby.

I am so proud of you and all that you have already accomplished. You had to work so hard! Now that you are able to speak and be understood I love to hear what you have to say. To discover what is going on in that bright little mind of yours is amazing. Every day I am surprised by your wit and cleverness -- how you figure things out still astonishes me.

Regardless of how often you "fight" with your little sister I can see how kind, caring, loving, and protective you are of her. You can be so sweet sharing your toys (sometimes), giving hugs when she's upset, keeping her company in time out (even if you're the reason she's there), showing her how things work, and making sure she gets to eat the yummy treats mommy has removed. I can see the special brother/sister relationship really growing between you two and I know the bond will only get stronger. Having a close sibling is truly something to cherish and she will be your friend for life.

At this time you still adore your daddy and want to do everything he does, but I know that mommy is special to you. I get the cuddles. I get special hugs. And when you're sad, hurt, or sick I am blessed to be the one to comfort you. Yes, daddy does too... but I feel special.

You are not perfect. But neither am I. Don't worry, I still love you. And I will love you forever.

~Mommy


 My prayer for you:
"The Spirit of the LORD will be with him to give him understanding, wisdom, and insight. He will be powerful, and he will know and honor the LORD." Isaiah 11:2 (Contemporary English Version)



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment