Monday, March 26, 2012

Girl's Night Out

As if you didn't know... there was a major blockbuster released in the theaters this weekend.

And like many, many others, I went to see it!

The Hunger Games

source
Yes, I read the books in January and finished them within days. They were so good! I couldn't wait until the movie came out.

I got a couple friends together and we decided to go. It was our Girl's Night Out! Because of schedules, children, and husbands we decided to go to a LATE showing on Sunday night. That way commitments could be kept, husbands could do what they needed to do, children could be put to bed, and hopefully the squealy teenagers would not be in attendance because it was a school night.

So... we went to the XD showing at 10:35 pm. To see a 2.5 hour movie.

And there was barely ANYBODY there!

Movie was good. The 7 month old with us was really good. It was so nice to spend time with my friends.

Since I drank 2 full medium ICEES I had to pee SUPER bad. I ran out quickly during the last part of the interview with Katniss and returned before the end of Peta's interview so I didn't miss much of anything.

Best part of my night??? My jumpy friend Angel screaming when one of the dog creatures jumped out of the woods. Like, full out scream. Made me jump more than the film. Awesome.

The movie didn't follow the book exactly and glazed over parts that I liked in the book, but I realize a movie is NOT "the book" and I appreciate it for what it is. Saying that, The Hunger Games was well done and I enjoyed it.

I returned home after 1:30 in the morning and went to bed shortly thereafter.

Then at 3:30 the kids were up. Why?! Oh why?!?!

I reminded them, somewhat harshly, that "We do not get up until the sun is awake! If the sun is asleep, we are asleep!" Thankfully they quickly went back to bed and nodded off in no time.

This morning called for a stop at Starbucks after taking Will to school. Decaf, but it still has some caffeine in it. Now I'm off to a PWOC board meeting.

I think I will nap during the kids' quiet time today. It is official, Alanna no longer naps.


Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I'm happy to add any sort of jumpiness to a movie!

    It was a great time! Thanks for inviting me!

    ReplyDelete