Wednesday, January 4, 2012

A Year For Books

So we are 4 days into the new year and I have finished reading 4 books. Well, technically 3 since I finished one on December 31 and I can't really count that one.

I basically devoured the Hunger Games Trilogy. Wow. I really couldn't put them down! The first book is the one I completed on the 31st (I started it around 9 pm on the 30th). Then I quickly read through Heaven is for Real - cute and inspiring. Then I bought and ravaged the 2 remaining books from the series: Catching Fire and Mockingjay.

It isn't often I have the opportunity to read like this, though I thoroughly enjoy it. Get a good book in my hands and I will put off sleep to get into them -- and for a mom of two kids who have been severely fighting bedtime that's saying something.

Anyway, my friend Poekitten at Many Waters told me about a book tracking challenge being hosted by Aubrie Anne at Who's Your Editor? It is fun and no stress on absolutely reading a ton of books... just do what you can. Set your own goal!


I'll be signing up soon but thought I'd help spread the news so others could join as well.

How can you join? Head on over to Aubrie Anne's page HERE and let her know you are participating. Then read books that are at least 100 pages and keep track of how many you read (reread books and school books also qualify). There are more details on her page so go check it out!



Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Me Too! Plus, thank you very much for helping spread the word! I think it has already helped. I had three people, including yourself, two new and one a repeat, sign up yesterday! I am more than excited for this year! Plus, you're in an excellent place, having read 3 books already! Great job! I have added you to the competitor's list and linked up your reading list to your name! Good luck this year and I'll be checking in throughout with updates and what not!

    AubrieAnne
    http://whosyoureditor.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete