Friday, January 6, 2012

A "major, raging" one

So the holidays totally snuck up on me and I neglected to post about our fun time at Thanksgiving and at this point I'm not even sure I'll get to it. Tegan posted about it and I was there... so if you're really interested go check it out.

And I'll EVENTUALLY get around to posting about Christmas and the vacation... but not right now.

I will say that I've discovered I don't want to live in Western Washington again when Ryan gets out of the military. All that overcast sky and rain is really, REALLY dreary -- especially after living in one of the sunniest places in America. Things get depressing, I think, faster than they get soggy. It is a beautiful place... but I like my desert.

Anyway, life is returning to normal now. Will is back in school. My activities are picking up. Ryan will start classes next week. Hope to start Alanna's potty training in a week or two. Things are going good.

Since we returned home Ryan and I are working on re-training the kids on bedtime. As in: go to bed and stay in bed. If you wake up and don't want to sleep in your bed then sleep on the couch 'cause mommy and daddy want their bed to themselves.

It's mostly Will, but now that Alanna is in a toddler bed she has a difficult time staying in her bed at bedtime. Thankfully she can't turn doorknobs to open the doors so she's at least contained. Eventually she gives up her crying, lays down and goes to sleep.

We have had several nights of little sleep. Never fun.

Wanna know what else isn't fun?! A horrible and painful "infection" in a very sensitive area. ARGH! I've never experienced this before and after waiting over a week before seeing a doctor apparently it was a "major, raging" one at that. Now I don't feel so bad about complaining to Ryan and wanting to burn off my clothing in that region.

There's a special pill you can take which will get rid of it. Since I have such a bad case I have 2 of these special pills -- 1 that I had to take today and another to take in several days that should totally finish everything off. I also got some lovely, soothing ceam. I hope to never again experience this awfulness. That is unlikely since I am a woman. But at least now I know how it feels and some of the early signs so if it does ever return I can easily be treated with over-the-counter meds.

Geez... I'm full of fascinating information tonight, aren't I?

I'll end this now so you can move on. *wink*


Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. You crack me up Sierra! I'm glad you got over your infection though. At first I thought you wrote "injection" and I was like "um, yeah - ouch!", but then I reread that sentence since it injection didn't make sense in context . . . so anyway. Good times. :)

    ReplyDelete