Monday, November 21, 2011

Book Review: Recordable Storybooks

I had never actually used a recordable storybook before but when I was offered 2 of them I jumped at the opportunity. My kids, especially my youngest, love to be read to. I figured these beautifully illustrated books would be a win since they could "read" them by themselves.

The books were easy to record and re-record. I really like that even if the batteries die you can replace them and the recording is still there until you choose to re-record over it. When/if hubby deploys the kids will still be able to have him read them a story!

The two books I received were "All Day Long with Jesus" by Matt Anderson and "Bedtime Prayers and Promises" by Bonnie Rickner Jensen. Both were illustrated by Julie Sawyer Phillips. Although these books are cute and short, "Bedtime Prayers and Promises" had a bit more length to each page and on one or two pages I had to rush through the final scripture before the recording time ran out.

My only other complaints are that there is no way to NOT have the recording play if you just want to read the story and there is no volume control. In a quiet house the recording of your own voice being replayed loudly can take away the intimacy of reading with your small child before bedtime. Oh, and if you accidently leave the book open on the floor in the evening and then later turn on the living room light in the middle of the night, you may or may not be terrified by your own voice suddenly speaking from an inanimate object. Just saying.

Overall, I think these books are wonderful and might look into purchasing other recordable storybooks in the future.



Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment