Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Book Review: Close Enough to Hear God Breathe by Greg Paul


Close Enough to Hear God Breathe by Greg Paul is a simple read about the intimacy of God. The chapters are fairly short and consist of stories and narratives of how near God is in our lives. An overall theme threaded throughout the book is that God loves us and is pleased with us and desires to be close, if we let Him.

It was somewhat difficult for me to get into, but I did find the stories quite sweet and full of beautiful imagery. I was impressed that the very first chapter depicting a version of Jesus’ baptism by John in the Jordan River really triggered pictures in my mind on how I think things might have happened.

I was also surprised to see a section on ‘consummation’ that included some interesting thoughts on how intimate God can be.

God cherishes us so much, He knows our stories. He even knows how He was a major part to them even if it was unseen to us. To hear the affirmation that we are a pleasure to God; He loves us... is priceless.




Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher through the BookSneeze®.com book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment