Monday, July 11, 2011

A Day at the Zoo

Saturday the kids and I met up with church people for a day at the ABQ Zoo. Ryan stayed home for more SOS studying and paperwork for AFIT. It was nice for him to have a quiet house to work in and me and the kiddos to be out having a nice time in the summer sun.

We enjoyed our church friends. It wasn't a large group and we all knew each other. We wandered around, watching each others' kids, talking and sticking to the shade as much as possible. Did you know it's around 100*+ every day so far in Albuquerque? Sheesh! Oh, and none of us got sunburned (major score for me!)

We rode the zoo train, had lunch in the park and fed the ducks. Will really had a good time pointing out the "kitty" (tiger, cougar, alligator) and "birrrrr" (ducks, peacocks, eagles, etc...). Both kids had a blast playing in the fountain play area. During lunch all the kids were taking turns sitting in a wagon while the others pushed/pulled them around our grassy area.

When most of the group headed home I stayed with a couple and walked around for a bit longer. They are wonderful people and I like talking with them. They also enjoy having my little ones around since all their boys have grown and gone.

Anyway, here's some photos:

sleeping cougar

Will's favorite exhibit

Lana, Lily & Will at the bird show

Lana on the train with Mr. & Mrs. Burns

Will being cheesy on the train

Alanna taking her turn playing in the wagon... while stuffing her face

Will taking his turn in the wagon at lunch time

As I said, Will liked feeding the ducks. Cheap entertainment but makes him happy. Lana watched from the stroller... sometimes unhappily. At the end you can hear him saying "more" since he wanted to keep feeding his feathered friends.
video

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. The zoo is so much fun! I still haven't been to Pt. Defiance here yet, but I'm going to get there this summer!

    YAY for no sunburn! Hope you guys are staying cool and comfy in the hot weather:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you had a great time! :) I don't think I've seen the cat exhibits yet at the zoo here . . .

    ReplyDelete