Sunday, June 5, 2011

Time to Work Out??

In the past week I returned from California, took a kid to ER because her brother pushed her down and she bit/busted open her lip, mowed the lawn, took Will to a dentist appointment, drove to Edgewood for Hippotherapy, and shopped for fabric.

Today I made a dress with diaper cover for Alanna to wear. It was relaxing to sew for awhile.

There's still plenty to do. There always is.

But, I wish there was more time for something extra. It's called 'working out'.

When Ryan and I moved to Japan I gained like 25 pounds. Ug. So I got a personal trainer. She was awesome. With the leniency of working split shifts I was able to work out twice a day 4 days a week, 1 time a day 2 days a week and then rest on Sunday. I lost about 30 pounds. I was toning up nicely and lookin' good.

Then I changed jobs and worked more hours and couldn't go to the gym as often. I gained 5 pounds back.

Then I quit that job and got pregnant. Farewell weight loss at all!

Anyway, since having Will I never really got back into a regular workout routine. By the time I got pregnant with Alanna I was at the heaviest I'd ever been in my adult life. Thankfully I actually lost weight during pregnancy so it wasn't so bad afterwards.

Some of you may remember I started the P90X 6 weeks after Alanna was born, but stopped after a month because finding the time to do it, nursing a baby, and working schedules out with the hubby caused too much trouble.

I've got to start working out again. I'm not sure what I've gatta do, but it needs to be something. That danged muffin top is driving me nuts! And who knew that having kids would totally change your body shape?!?!

I thought about going for the P90X again... but I really miss the gym and lifting weights. I chatted with a friend about doing a kids co-op so one of us could go to the gym while the other was watching the kids and switch off during the week. We'll see if that pans out.

Maybe I should get a jogging stroller and do more walking. There's always Couch to 5K as well.

This sucks.


Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. If you were here I'd do the Couch to 5K with you! I want (need really) to do it but would prefer to do it with a buddy. Hope you find time to get a workout in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I vote for doing the Couch to 5k! I did it, and I loved it. Besides, it's something you can do with the kids if you get a jogging stroller!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to go for walks for you, so after Daphne is about 4-6 weeks old, we'll have to start that if you're up for it. And you know how fast I walk, hehehe. :) And if you're up for running, I know Mike would watch Daphne after the kids go to bed, so we could run at night (around 2000ish) if you wanted. I love to run! :D And I love to help friends reach their goals! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're security word was just "stamooka". Reminds me of "Fabluka" from "Dracula, Dead and Loving It". Neeeiiiggghhhh!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry, *your, not you're (sheepish grin)

    ReplyDelete