Friday, June 17, 2011

Super Simple Yummy Steak

I like meat.

I think we eat meat with every dinner.

I know it's on my 101 in 1001 to go a week as a vegetarian, and that will be hard.

Anyway, hubby and I enjoy a nice steak occassionally. When I share this information with friends I always get the same comment, "I don't know how to make a good steak."

What?!

Often the husbands will cook one up on the grill, but my lady friends aren't always ready to take that on.

So, here is my super simple recipe for steak. It's pretty hard to screw this up.

Ready?

First off, invest in GOOD cuts. Right now we are partial to tenderloin steak. It pays off to spend the little extra for a better quality!

Next, get some marinade. We prefer the Masterpiece Steakhouse Marinade, but the Lawry's has some good ones as well (like the Teriyaki!).

Now, preheat the oven to 350*.

Lay out the steak on a foil lined cookie sheet or pan. Make sure it at has edges so you don't lose the juices to the bottom of your oven!

Then cover all sides of the steaks in the marinade plus liberally pour on additional marinade to simmer in.


it may not look very appitizing right now....
 Completely cover in foil. Place in oven. Cook at 350* for about 30 minutes for meat to be "well done"


Remove from oven, take off the top foil and allow meat to rest a few minutes.


Place steaks on plate, drizzle with the juices from the pan (or you can probably make gravy out of it if you wanted to by adding in flour). Enjoy!


By the way, I made my delicious, horribly fattening potatoes to go with it. I'll have to share that recipe sometime!

You can probably do this also on the grill by covering meat in the marinade, wrap completely in foil, then grill.

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I always have DH grill steak when we have it. I prefer it that way but yours looks really good too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have cooked the same way, except in various salad dressings, like Italian or a vinegrette. Thanks for sharing! :)

    And if those are the potatoes I think they are - they are super yummy! :)

    ReplyDelete