Thursday, June 30, 2011

Song Link-Up

Thursday! Time for the weekly song link-up with Amber at Goodnight Moon!

So... some of you don't know, but my 3-year-old son has a speech disorder called Apraxia. He's been making wonderful progress the last few months but still has a long way to go.

Thursday (today) is his IEP (Individualized Education Plan) meeting. Basically there are people from the school district special education department, my husband and I, and Will's therapists that are getting together to make goals for Will on what he should achieve and what is the best environment and methods to reach those goals.

I've heard horror stories from parents who've had to fight tooth and nail to get their kids what they needed to succeed.

I'm pretty anxious about the meeting. I've heard that what I want for the outcome is very reasonable... but who knows how everything will pan out.

Anyway, so because of all this I chose "Beautiful Boy" as my song for the week. I had a hard time choosing between the original of John Lennon and Celine Dion's version. Since I'm a mommy, I chose Celine. Hey, I almost put the scene from Mr. Holland's Opus with Richard Dreyfuss! Oh, and if you've never heard John Lennon sing this song, go find it!



Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. so pretty. I am off to find John Lennon's version

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm VERY familiar with IEPs, since I teach kiddos who are deaf & hard of hearing. Best of luck to you and your family as you strive to reach higher goals with your son - I hope you get all the services you need :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My son is in the middle of getting his IEP put together as well. I heard awful stories but our school district has made it so easy! So I hope it goes well for you all too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sweet. I love Lennon's version- and yeah, I always think of Mr. Holland's Opus too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful song! :)
    I hope it all works out with the IEP!

    ReplyDelete