Saturday, June 11, 2011

Just add on more kids... why not?!

VBS is over. It was such a fun week, but I'm gonna miss my kiddos.

In the previous post about VBS I said there was 1 girl in my crew I was going to win over. Turns out she moved from being a participant to a volunteer. She was older than the other kids in my group and would still stop, smile and say hi when she saw me. So I count that as a win!

Anyway, this wasn't just a busy week from VBS. My friend here on base was having steady contractions (again) and she is just now 31 weeks pregnant. She ended up getting admitted to the hospital for some additional care and her husband was going to stay with her so I took in her 2 little ones around 11 pm Thursday night.

So I had a 3-year-old, a 2-year-old, and two 1-year-olds (they are 1 month apart in age).

Overall things went very good for us. We walked to the base chapel for VBS and back on Friday since I live fairly close. Meals and naps went over quite well. That evening after baths their dad stopped by to visit with them and drop off more clothes and diapers. He even put them to bed before he left to go back to the hospital.

Today was a little more difficult. It seems Alanna has an intolerance for sharing her mom after so long. She became so clingy and territorial, fighting with her same-age counterpart... who also fights back. The 2-year-old was all over Ryan and just wanted to sit with him or follow him around. Will pretty much just played it cool and didn't cause any problems.

After we finished lunch today their daddy came by and took them home. They're gonna visit the hospital and then he'll keep them and take them to church in the morning. My friend should be getting out of the hospital on Sunday if all goes well. I'm hoping it does!

In some ways, having 4 kids made life easier. OMG... did I just say that?!?! I mean, they easily entertained each other, played well together, it was easier for me to schedule the day, we all ate together, they napped... it was better. I'm sure if they were ALL my kids they would be spaced out a bit more in age, but I can definitely accept having 4 kids of my own one day.

..... now I just have to convince the hubby!!! LOL


Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Thank you again so much for watching the kids, I so appreciate it so much. And I didn't have to worry about them because I knew they were in great hands. :) It really helped having one less thing to worry about when I was in the hospital.

    I do know what you mean about having 4 kids making your life easier . . . in some ways it does, and in other ways it's harder, or more busy anyway. It's the same when I have watched Will and Alanna. :)

    Thank you again so much for watching Sophie and Edward - you are the best! :)

    ReplyDelete