Monday, June 20, 2011

Happy Father's Day!

No, I have not forgotten it is Father's Day! We've just been a little busy is all. Ryan recieved some cards and much needed shirts from the kids and I got him a 1 hour couple's massage at a local spa. It was a good day.

So now...

To the man who bounced me on his knee, let me stand on his hands, spanked hard, couldn't touch while in his "whites", taught me how to throw a ball, ride a bike, shoot a gun. The man who gave support when he could, provided for his family, and took on some hard roles. To the man who walked me down the aisle on my wedding day and was waiting in the lobby to learn his first grandchild was a boy:

Happy Father's Day!
not sure when this was taken -- years and years ago!
And also to my husband who is becoming a better dad each day. It's great to have the kids run to him, so excited, when he comes home each evening. Sometimes I sit back and see how differently the kids relate to him than to me... there truly is a special bond between daddies and their kids!

An older pic with Alanna 3 months old and Will almost 2 1/2.


To all the men out there who are in father roles
(biological, foster, step, adopted, or just being there)
Thank you! And I hope you had a wonderful Father's Day!


Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Happy Father's Day !!! Have a Nice Day !!! Best Regards from Mr Lonely at http://www.lonelyreload.com .. do visits my blog when free.. XD

    ReplyDelete