Thursday, May 26, 2011

What's your song?



It's Thursday! I've been looking forward to the link-up with Goodnight Moon 'cause I'm so excited for this weekend!

California Here I Come! The song I've chosen is fitting, because, well, I was born there and lived there about 10 years. There was even a time when we had to go through customs to come back from Tiajuana and I was singing this song rather loudly and I got lots of strange looks... I was probably 6.

Anyway, me and Alanna are flying out to be with my sister and my parents are also flying down for Memorial Day. My sister's church puts on this AMAZING thing for veterans and I'm finally able to see it. You can check info on it HERE. There is an emotional performance which re-creates scenes from the Vietnam War, there are memorials commorating those men and women who we've lost in our current conflicts of OIF and OEF, keynote speakers (including Dave Roever who I've had the opportunity to hear and meet before - his story HERE), a USO show, and a medical clinic for vertans and their families.

I am so excited! Not just for the Memorial Day events but to be with my family and have them get to know Alanna's personality better.

So without further ado.... who doesn't love Lucy??!!




Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. I love me some Lucy! California is pretty awesome, isn't it! I love it too!!!! Have a safe flight and enjoy your long weekend! Good for you! It's always so great to get together with family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucille Ball is one AMAZING lady! And what a cute song :)
    Have a safe flight! Praying for a good time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love that you posted this. This was my FAVORITE show growing up. I use to BEG my mom to let me stay up for Nick at Nite so I could watch I Love Lucy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought I was the only one who loved I Love Lucy!!! Sometimes I catch it when it's on TV. My husband just laughs at me : (

    By the way, I'm having a giveaway on my blog!

    ReplyDelete