Saturday, May 21, 2011

End of the World & Armed Forces Day

Yeah... I don't think the world ended today. Then again, the day isn't over yet... especially if it is to be timed for midnight Jerusalem time (about 6 pm Eastern Time).

Did you know today is Armed Forces Day? Celebrate your armed forces!

In high school I did color guard (the flag dancing people with the band, not carrying the American flag) and every year we would march in the Armed Forces Day Parade. Then after that was over we'd start packing up to go to Victoria, Canada to march in the Victoria Day Parade on Sunday.

I have a pretty crazy story about my sister's wedding falling on Armed Forces Day so I couldn't be at the parade and then the drama and harassment with the band director over the trip to Canada.... but I'm not going to share that today. Just know that the ending was alright though the path to get to the end was insane!

To this day I don't care much for that man.

Anyway, I'm hoping for a great weekend. Not sure what we're gonna do but I plan on getting out of this house!

And in less than a week the baby and I will be visiting family in California! Can't wait!


Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I did colorguard too. Well, winter guard for three years and fall guard just one season. It was fun:) Have fun in Cali! How long will you be there?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only for a few days. Just gonna visit my sister and see a special performance.

    ReplyDelete