Friday, April 15, 2011

MilSpouse Friday Fill-In

Wow, it's been a few weeks since I've done one of these. Head over to Wife Of A Sailor's blog to link up!

1. With PCS moves happening every few years, do you take the time to paint and decorate your home? submitted by Life as Mrs. JPT Nope. Since we live in base housing I don't want to deal with having to repaint everything back to white when we're trying to move again. I just don't need the stress. Now if we owned a house that would be a different story. But in decorating... I do hang things on the walls like pictures, paintings, and some vinyl decor. Also, CURTAINS!


2. If you could live in any home on a television series, what would it be? submitted by Standing By Him The house that comes to mind is "FULL HOUSE". I mean, they're in San Francisco in those beautiful homes that sell for over a million dollars. And it seemed HUGE with the basement and attic as well as, what... 3 or 4 bedrooms, large living room, dining room/kitchen and stairs from both ends of the house. Oh, and a yard. :)


3. What inspired you to start your blog? submitted by Pink Combat Boots When we moved to Japan I started keeping a blog on myspace so I could remember our experiences there. When we moved from Japan to New Mexico (actually during the move while on vacation in Hawaii) I started my current blog since most family and friends did not have myspace accounts to keep up with what we were doing.


4. What is the weirdest thing you’ve ever seen on base? submitted byAdventures in Life Not sure it counts as weirdest... maybe coolest. President Bush landed at Yokota for something going on in Japan. As I drove around the flight line I saw Air Force One to the side with a perfect view of Mt. Fuji behind it. I wish I had taken a picture but, dangit, I was driving and couldn't reach my camera!


5. Which historical figure (politician, writer, artist, scientist, actor, etc…) would you like to have dinner with? submitted by Army of Two So many ideas came to mind. But right now I think it would Queen Esther from the Bible. Man, what a story she could tell. What an experience! Orphaned, raised by an uncle, taken away to the palace for beauty treatments for a few years, married to the king, nearly giving your life for a people you love... wow.


Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Love your answer to #5 :)

    Also love your new look. Please don't tell me it has been up forever and I am just now noticing... I have deployment brain!

    ReplyDelete