Friday, April 22, 2011

MilSpouse Friday Fill-In & Weekly RoundUp


It's that time again! Check out Wife of a Sailor's blog to answer the questions and link up.



This Week:

1. How many pets do you have? And what type? submitted by Life and Times of a Displaced Jersey Girl
We just have our one dog, Maya. She is a full bred Havanese. I fell in love with the breed while working at the Pet Boarding Facility in Japan. When we moved back to the states I started looking for breeders. We picked Maya from a breeder in Colorado since she was the only female of the litter and was available in the time frame we wanted a dog. Maya is GREAT with the kids, very submissive and NEVER sheds.


2. What are your favorite projects to do while hubby is away? submitted by my-inspired-nest
I like to get more thorough cleaning and organizing done. And since my evenings are available I do some sewing, online stuff and watch movies he doesn’t care for.



3. What are the must-haves in your deployment care packages? submitted by Christine’s Little Blog
I like to send pictures, letters and favorite snacks and homebaked goods. For my female friends I’ll include their preferred feminine supplies since those are not always readily available to them. I also like to send candy – not just for the service member because they usually always share with the local kids.



4. If you could star in any TV show, which would it be? submitted by Just a Girl


I’d like to be in Dr. Who. Yes, I’m a Dr. Who fan and cannot wait for the new season to start this weekend! I know it isn’t real, but it would be fun to play in the TARDIS and hang with Matt Smith. Too bad David Tennant is gone… I loved that guy.



5. What was the biggest hurdle that you faced during your/your significant other’s first deployment? submitted by The Pavlik Perspective
We’ve never had a deployment to go through. The longest we’ve been apart is, I think, 2 or 3 months. During that time it sucked being alone (no kids at the time) but I stayed busy with school, work and the gym. If he were to be gone now I think it’d be hard explaining to Will why Daddy is gone when he cries for him.




By the Way... my friend PoeKitten at Many Waters is hosting the MilSpouse Weekly RoundUp. Next week I get to host! Hope to see you then!




Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I don't think I knew you had a dog. She's cute:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute puppy!

    The hardest part of deployment for me is watching my kids hurt. Praying you never have to experience that.

    Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete