Friday, March 11, 2011

MilSpouse Friday Fill-In

It's Friday! I don't know about you, but my week had some highs and lows. Looking forward to the weekend... though I've got nothing planned. :)

Anyway, it's time for MilSpouse Friday Fill-In. Wanna join? Head over to Wifey's blog, answer the questions and link up.

This week:
1. During military separations (whether short or long) how do you keep yourself positive and motivated? submitted by Married/Single Parent
Usually I just stay busy. In the past when hubby was TDY I was working and going to school. Now I've got little kids, therapy sessions, church activities, PWOC, and friends to visit with.
2. What is your favorite concert you have ever been to? submitted by Young but Not (Completely) Dumb
I haven't actually been to many concerts. But I guess if I have to answer I'll choose Creation Festival 2001. That was a blast. And my favorite performance was Reliant K (on a fringe stage at the time). Right now I'm looking into tickets to see Josh Groban in the fall... talk about spendy!
3. What do you miss most about your “hometown”? submitted by A Florida Girl and Her Soldier
Besides family I think it would be connecting with some of my friends. Several of my high school day buddies have children similar ages and it would be great to just visit. Also... I miss the water, the ferry boats, and some of the great performers and shows that would come to Seattle or Tacoma.
4. If you could run in any race, which charity would you choose to support? submitted by Wookie & Co.
I think right now it would be for CASANA (Childhood Apraxia of Speech Association of North America). My son has apraxia and it would be great to spread information and awareness about this speech disorder. But I'm also in support of March of Dimes (especially for THIS precious baby girl).
5. You find out Willy Wonka is your father, what 3 course meal do you INSIST he create in that stick of gum? submitted by A{muse}ing Mommy on a Pink Park Bench
Mmmmm... special corn soup from Japan with freshly baked rolls, perfectly seasoned steak with twice baked potatoes, and a dessert of rich, moist, chocolate fudge brownie topped with vanilla ice cream. Sheesh, now I'm drooling.


Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I would love to go to Creation Fest!

    Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reliant K is a fun concert....they performed at my college and they were LOUD:)

    ReplyDelete