Wednesday, March 9, 2011

How did it happen?

Let's talk about something a bit different.

How did the world/universe begin?

Ooooo! Such an interesting question, right?!

I bring this up because Ryan watches weird, random science shows from time to time and tonight I was being the little "peanut gallery" and putting my two cents in every few minutes.

So I'm just going to say it: I believe God created everything.

Now, I'm not big on details on how he did it, the timeline and all that. The reason?? I honestly don't know and do not think it is a deciding factor on my salvation.

I think it is POSSIBLE God just had things appear from nothing. I also think it is POSSIBLE God created the Big Bang. He can do anything, ya know.

Now the Bible says God created the earth in 6 days and rested on the seventh. My denomination believes in the literal form of that. But I'm also open to intrepretation that maybe each day was really a week or 100 years or 1000 years because in 2 Peter 3:8 "With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years like a day."

In the end, does it really matter?

The whole point is that I believe God was in control of the whole thing and caused the world to be formed by his design and command. I'll get the details later.

Here's the most important part though: Jesus came to earth, died for our sins and rose 3 days later. He ascended to heaven and will return again. My personal salvation is not dependent on the belief in details of the creation story. All that matters is that I have confessed of my sins, believed in my heart that he is Lord, and I have been saved.

What about you? What do you believe?

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment