Thursday, February 17, 2011

Yum-O!

So far -- a GREAT day.
There was nothing on my calendar so I was able to take my time and decide what was going to happen.
So for the first item of the day: Haircut for Will. He did great. I love Kid's Jungle Cuts... they do a wonderful job... and the stylist Will goes to just radiates fun. (Can a person do that??)
Then, since it was on the way home, we stopped by Cake Fetish.

O. M. G. !!!

I swear, I could have gained 20 pounds just standing there and smelling all that deliciousness. This place is a cupcake specialty store that I've been wanting to try out. And a plus -- their prices are decent and fair! Since they make cakes I wanted to order the kids' birthday cakes from them this year... but I wasn't sure what flavor.
So I just got a 1/2 dozen regular cupcakes as well as the dozen minis so we could sample a bunch of different flavors.


The remaining regular cupcakes: back - Birthday Cake, front - Boston Cream, Grasshopper, Half-Baked.
Right now I think the Half-Baked is winning... though the Choco-holic (with the dark chocolate covered chocolate whipped cream) was to die for.
Will knows what they are so at this time they are a great bribing motivation. LOL. "Want a cupcake?? Eat your sandwitch first!"
I'm drooling just thinking about those yum-o treats sitting on the counter. But none until after dinner (provided by a PWOC lady).
Anyway, after we were home for awhile and had lunch, me and the kids wandered around the local mall for a few hours. I got some good exercise pushing that double stroller and the kids were well-behaved.
But I must admit, shopping by yourself isn't very fun. Guess I need a shopping buddy... and more money.
Now I'm looking forward to a relaxing evening and my shows are on tonight: Grey's & Bones & CSI!

*****
Housing news: They SAID they're going to start dry-wall tomorrow. No guarantee it will get primed, textured, or painted... but they said we have to move in tomorrow. We'll see. If insurance will cover it Ryan wants to stay in TLF until the house is actually ready.
But... there's also a chance that the house will be somewhat ready and we can go back to normal. That is sooooooo good news to me!

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry I wasn't able to hang out with you today - I would have really enjoyed it. Mike and I had a really good date though and were able to talk out some really important stuff.

    I really hope you'll be able to move back into your house soon and start to things back to normal. You're a trooper for hanging in there for so long in TLF!

    ReplyDelete