Thursday, January 27, 2011

Welcome - Blizzard Bloghoppers!

Whooo-hoo! My first blog hop! Household 6 Diva is hosting her own Bloghop during Blissdom so I decided this would be a great way to find some new blogs and perhaps pick up a few readers as well.



HELLO -- and welcome to my little blog, The Tervo Times. I started this when we moved from Japan to New Mexico (well, I actually started it during our Hawaii vacation which was part of our PCS, I love "Leave En Route"). Like most people, it was to let family and friends know what was going on in our lives while we could not be home.


My postings vary from the mundane parts of life, thearpies for my son (who has Apraxia), watching the growth and development of my children, my annoyaces with the dog... to recipes, the special giveaway, crafts, my backgrounds stories and an occassional vent. Oh, and the fairly regular changing of my layout -- one day I'll pay for it to be designed for real.

This is me (right before the Church Christmas play) -- a mid-twenties stay-at-home-mom and military wife. Hard to find a good, recent picture because I'm usually the one behind the camera, but trust me, I'm VERY much a casual photographer using my basic point and shoot camera. I like reading (when I have time), sewing, and spending time with friends for conversation other than baby talk.
This is my husband, Ryan. We've been married almost 6 years. He's the one in the military :) and is also working towards his Master's degree. This guy just turned 30 this month... so I call him my "old man" but he doesn't really mind since when we were married he always jested that he got his "teen bride" (I was 19).
Here's William. My firstborn. Actually born in Japan. He'll be turning 3 in a few months. This little guy recently has been causing me my stress from blood and urine tests and not really eating much on top of being your typical 2-year-old. He's super smart, but doesn't talk yet... hence the therapies.Then I have my little girl, Alanna. She's full of attitude at only 9 months old. This girl is already walking and babbling away and willing to fight for anything she wants. Right now she's really testing her limits to see how much the rules really are enforced so lately she's been in trouble quite a bit. Yesterday it looked like her first tooth finally popped the gum! And rounding out our family is Maya. She's my little Havanese puppy. Well, she's just over a year old. This dog cost a fortune to begin with and then we had major digestive *ahempoopahem* issues so Ryan wanted to get rid of her. But I won out and she entertains my babies for hours!
So yeah, I've been blogging for almost a year and a half now and really enjoy it. I've made a few friends this way and just love the blogging community. Besides, as a military wife most of your friends become internet friends after awhile only because we all move away and it's the only way to keep in contact. Thanks for stopping by... leave a comment to let me know you were here and I'll try to check you out as well.


Photobucket

10 comments:

  1. I keep thinking it would be cool in you lived in WA! Maybe your hubby needs to transfer the navy!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi friend! Miss you! :) I can't believe how big that girl of yours is!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found you on the blog hop and now Im following you! Please check out my blog and follow me, http://toesthattwinkle.blogspot.com/ I also wanted to say how much I love your blog and reading the posts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I'm from the bloghop! The Army transplanted us out west too (to CO from NC) & we decided to stay here for a bit after my husband ETS'd. Nice to "meet" you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stopping by!

    I so get the no pictures of mom thing. I need to let the kids take some to send to the Soldier before he forgets what I look like!

    I love to come over and listen to your play list when I am working :) I need to go and buy these songs on Amazon. I just have no memory left and forget when I leave!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know what you mean about not having pictures of yourself! :) Prayers for little William - God has given you quite a special little guy. Trust your heart as his mom.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hooray another Air Force Wife!!! So glad to have found your blog through the hop. You have a beautiful family and I am really looking forward to getting to know more about you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm a new follower from the Blizzard Bloghop! Woo hoo, another mil spouse! ;) We lived in Japan for 3 years and absolutely loved it. I so wish I had started my blog back then because there was so many cool things to write about. Anyhoo, nice to meet you!

    Wife on the Roller Coaster
    http://www.ridingtherollercoaster.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like your blog! So true about all our friends becoming online ones. Just the way it goes when you have to move so much.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Blog hopping today and am your newest follower. I hope that 1 of my blogs interests you too.

    http://tawnasplan.blogspot.com
    http://btrbb.blogspot.com
    http://tawnassecret.blogspot.com
    Thanks
    Tawna

    ReplyDelete