Monday, January 24, 2011

TOWANDA

Sometimes the rude-ness of people really gets to me. I mean, what's the deal?

For example, today I had to take Will back to the hospital for a re-draw on one of his blood tests (which they missed the vein and kept digging the needle around in his arm while he screamed).

Anyway, the parking is always a bear but for the most part I'm willing to walk some distance from the entrance because I'm healthy and I didn't have the baby, just Will. But there's a limit on how far away I will park because I can't carry Will the whole way and I usually make him walk... so I can't be too far or else he tires out.

So as I'm driving around the lot there's a number of people also looking for spots. Finally I just go to the LAST aisle and as I'm entering it I see a car a bit ahead backing out. So I give him space, stop, wait, and turn my signal on. Nobody is behind or in front of me nor already waiting for the spot. Then a car pulls behind me and just also waits because they know I'll be parking soon and are allowing the exiting car space to go by.

THEN! This woman in her SUV flies around from the other end of the aisle and scoots right into the spot before the reversing car even had time to straighten out. I didn't even have the chance to get in there!

I honked my horn and threw up my hands at the woman -- and I got her attention. I waited there. When she got out of her car I mouthed the words "That was Rude."

She then pointed down the way and said there were 2 more spots in the other parking lot... like another block away from the entrance.

Ug! I seriously felt like shouting "TOWANDA!" and ramming the back of her vehicle, just like in Fried Green Tomatoes. Hey, I've got insurance... too bad I need my car... and I had a toddler with me.

I continued my search for a parking space and finally did find one -- and much closer to the hospital than if I had the other spot. Good thing we weren't in a hurry for an appointment.

Is it okay that I kind of want KARMA to get her???

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, I have had a lot of similar rude encounters here in ABQ. I'm sorry you had such a frustrating time, but glad you ended up with a closer spot. Also glad you didn't use her vehicle as ramming practice. That wouldn't be so great. (Although I will admit that when someone at the Presby clinic parked so close to the side of my car that I couldn't get Edward's car seat back into the car, I made sure to really give their car a few good oops! with the car door (front and back). I shouldn't have and being livid because you can't get your child into the car isn't a good excuse . . .)Glad you have more patience than me!

    Coming from OK where almost everyone is super nice and they smile and wave, Albuquerque was a really rude awakening.

    I'm really sorry to hear that they just kept digging in his arm for his vein. Poor guy - they shouldn't have done that. (I used to be a phlebotomist.) Anyway, I hope he's feeling better. It always used to urk me (well, it still does) when other phlebotomists when do that, especially with young kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE that you quoted FGT. Amazing movie. How rude of that woman.

    ReplyDelete