Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Tattoo Fantasy

Do you have any tattoos?

I don't.

I think they can be fascinating and beautiful, but I'm not ready to commit.

They're so.... permanent.

When I meet people who have tattoos I usually ask about them; what they mean, how old they were, how they settled on that design, who they went to, etc... It's a great conversation started and a good way to get to know somebody.

I've decided that if I ever do get a tattoo it will probably be of a dolphin (my favorite animal) with "Agape" or a scripture with it... maybe my kids' names... who knows. Obviously I haven't decided on anything yet.

You see, I've got requirements first. If I can find a place on my body that fits all these requirements I might actually get one.

THE REQUIREMENTS:
  • Must be in a place I can actually easily see it.
  • Must be in a place that I can easily show people (not embarrassing)
  • Must be in a place that can be covered up, especially for special occassions and formal situations.
  • Must be in a place that will not get all gross and stretched out if I get pregnant again or super fat.
I realize with makeup and jewelry things can be masked. Additionally, with our culture today tattoos are becoming much more acceptable in formal situations as well as everyday life.
But for now, I'm not ready to get one. What if I regret it later? Guess I'll just stick with the temporary ones. My kids love them... so do I!

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I'm with you....I want one but don't want to commit. I can't decide where I'd want it and can't figure out what I want on my body for the rest of my life....:)

    ReplyDelete