Saturday, January 29, 2011

Gramma Skeddy

My grandma used to make a simple pasta dish that I love. Grandma's Spaghetti... which us kids have deemed "Gramma Skeddy". She has since passed away but my mom gave me the recipe so I usually make it about once a month. It is easy and only takes about half an hour.

INGREDIENTS:
  • crisco
  • 1 onion
  • 1 lb. ground beef (or more if you want more)
  • salt/pepper
  • garlic (powdered or minced or cloves)
  • 15 oz. can tomato sauce
  • 1/2 to 1 can of water
  • 1 lb. noodles of your choice (I like elbow or rotini)
=======================

Now, I know some of you are thinking, "crisco, really?" yes really! I've tried it with olive oil and it misses the taste and makes things a bit oily. You can try butter, but I haven't tried it that way.
So you take a scoop and heat it up until it melts.

Then you sautee your chopped onion in the crisco. If you use minced garlic or chopped garlic cloves, you would add them here to also sautee.
Next, add your meat and brown it.
Season with salt, pepper and garlic powder
Then you add in your noodles and sauce, not to forget to also use that sauce can to add the water.This is what it looks like.

Then you cover and simmer slowly, stirring occassionally, until your noodles are cooked through.
Dish out and serve HOT! We like to eat ours with Texas Garlic Toast!

And one of the best parts???? LOTS of leftovers!
ENJOY!


Photobucket


No comments:

Post a Comment