Sunday, January 23, 2011

Dream Vacation Planning

Do you ever plan vacations? I love doing it... even if I'm not going.

This year will be my sister and bro-in-law's 10th Anniversary. Originally they were wanting to go to Italy but with car problems and some other things called "life" it probably will not happen. So I've been "dream" planning a vacation for my sister... though these vacations are actually a possibility for them.

I've never gone on a cruise and really, REALLY want to. So I looked at cruises for them plus the airfare to arrive at the port city. Right now I'm favoring Celebrity Cruises, but I don't have any idea really on what are the best cruises. I looked at them going to the Caribbean.

Then my sis mentioned she wanted to go to Jamaica. Okay!

Then I began searching for "all-inclusive" resorts in Jamaica. I must say that I'm favoring Breezes over Sandals... but I've never experienced either one so this is all based on rates and amenities.

We also briefly chatted about Hawaii. I'm not sure about civilian places to stay there because I usually search for military places there when we stayed. And she mentioned they probably did NOT want to stay on Waikiki, but on the other side of the island. And I'm at a loss there because I don't know where to go.

Oh how I wish I could just travel! My parents are going to Florida to visit Disney World this month. Yeah, I'm a bit jealous. Never been there myself. It gets a bit difficult to do certain vacations when you've got little kids or babies... but eventually we'll be able to enjoy experiences together as a family that they will remember.

Right now I'm in the process of planning a trip to the Grand Canyon in the fall. My hope is to get to the South AND North Rims while also enjoying different sights and tourist attractions in the area. I'm planning about a week but it likely will not be that long. I mentioned getting an RV or motor home rental, but Ryan says he would rather just find hotels or motels in the nearby towns.

Have any of you, my readers, gone on cruises or fancy vacations? What were your experiences? If you've gone to the Grand Canyon... what did you do that you found to be the highlight of the trip? And where would your dream vacation be?? Mine is totally a European Tour for about 6 months with unlimited funds. Yeah, dream on...


Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Cruises are awesome! I've been the Bermuda twice with family, once on a Dinsey cruise (before they had their own cruise ships) and on an Alaskan cruise. I will say Bermuda is my favorite. I'm working towards earning a Caribbean cruise with Pampered Chef...it's 5 star all the way:) As for as exotic...going to Angkor Wat in Cambodia is pretty amazing, as is Thailand. Went to this great little island called Ko Chang where the Thai people vacation...amazing. Would love to go back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so with you the European tour. I've been secretly dreaming/planning on for when the kids are in college/grown. That's what the Golden Years are for, right? I'm also hoping that one day we'll get stationed in Europe (if Mike stays in) (when the kids are closer to teenagers) and we could go everywhere with them. It would be like a 3 year vacation!!

    As far as exotic vacations, hmm . . . Australia is pretty exotic, but I was a child, so not sure if that counts, though we did do some pretty neat stuff. We stayed with family though, so maybe it doesn't count.

    Disney is awesome - just wait about 5 years and wow! What an experience that will be for your family! :)

    ReplyDelete