Saturday, December 11, 2010

A Little Bright Spot

Okay, I realize my last few posts about Will and his therapies has been slightly depressing.

So... I wanted to share some wonderful news.

I have recently realized, mostly today, that William is saying a word without any prompting.

Yup! He says "gaah-geee" which is his way of saying "daddy" --- the "d" sound is difficult for him because it requires specific tongue placement.

He was messing with my phone and on the main screen I have some favorite contacts. Ryan's is the main one and it shows his picture. Will brought me my phone, showed me Ryan's picture and kept saying "gaah-geee" and then promptly called him.

Later, Ryan could be heard coming in the house and Will ran to the door saying "gaah-geee" over and over.

BIG MAMMA SMILES! I think he's beginning to really get it!

2 comments:

  1. YAY! Go Will!

    And I didn't get your email. Would you mind trying again (soleary05@gmail.com) or leaving me your email so I can email you? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! :D You're doing a great job with Will - hang in there and keep up the great work and encouragement! :)

    ReplyDelete