Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Bad Planning

After a long few weeks at work (you know, end of the fiscal year), my husband took Monday off.

We decided we would go to the Balloon Fiesta since we didn't go last year and really want to experience it. We get up and everybody ready, load up the van and head on over. When we pulled into PARKING we figured we must be wrong about something because there weren't many cars and there was nobody to collect our money... so we asked a ticket attendant. No parking fees today.

And you want to know WHY?

There were NO BALLOONS that day. All of them were off on a flying competition so it was free parking, but you could still pay to get inside the park and check out concessions and shop around and stuff. We decided to leave and come back later in the week.

Ug, that was a little disheartening.

So we headed on over to UNM and see if we could purchase our Broadway Season Tickets at the ticket booth.

They were closed!

So we just looked around in the bookstore and I was tempted to buy Alanna a little LOBOs cheerleader outfit because she doesn't have any college wear. William had something from Fresno State and University of Oregon when he was a baby. I know, Alanna could wear the same ones, but it's different. LOL

From there we headed over to Costco to purchase some Memberships and then shop a bit. We didn't really need anything but it was good to walk around... though the store seems smaller than the one in Silverdale.

And then we were back in time for lunch.

With some of the extra time sice hubby stayed home all weekend I've been decorating our house exterior for Halloween. So fun! Will is loving it!

My brother and I used to love decorating for Halloween when we were younger and even made a scarecrow every year. We used to have a family of Jehovah's Witnesses next door and their little kids would tell us we were going to Hell. LOL. We don't take that evil spirituality seriously... in fact my decorations are "happy" looking and I was never allowed to dress as anything evil (c'mon I was a hobo, clown, big bird, ballarina, army person, fish, panda bear) and my kids won't be anything evil either.

To me Halloween is a time to put on fun costumes and make-up then go around the neighborhood and get free candy. That's all!

What was your favorite Halloween costume as a little kid?

2 comments:

  1. That's so sad about there being no balloons! I hope you guys get to go back and some balloons! My favorite costume when I was a kid was when I dressed up as smurf. I loved smurfs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Jehovah's Witness part made me laugh! I hope that's not too horrible!

    ReplyDelete