Friday, September 10, 2010

MilSpouse Friday Fill-In



My answers to WifeOfASailor

This Week:

1. Do you set goals for yourself during deployment? What are some of them? (from Military Mommy)
    • I’m sure I would (no deployments yet, remember?). In times we have been separated for TDY’s and such I was usually working and now that I have my kids, I’m busy with them as well as my other hobbies like blogging, quilting, church activities, making photo albums, and site-seeing. I’m sure now if hubby were to deploy I’d have a fitness goal and lose some weight.

2. What would you say to someone dating a military guy or gal? (from Mothering Off the Cuff)
    • Are you prepared for what’s ahead? The military life is not for everybody and as the spouse you have to be the big emotional supporter for your spouse’s job. Sadly, you will not always be first so be ready for that. Be willing to move often, make friends quickly, and say goodbye just as quickly. Family can’t be around so embrace your new family of military spouses.

3. If you have children, how do you prepare them to move to a new place? (from The Random Ramblings of A Household 6)
    • I only had our son when we moved this time and he was too little to remember anything. But I think it is good to talk about where you’re going, making new friends, keeping in touch with old friends, and generally being happy and excited so the kids will be too. I also think allowing them to pack their own little bag and help box up toys is helpful as well as making the rounds to people and places loved to get “one more time” out of the way.

4. Name one hobby that gets you through alone time. (from My Sailor’s Mistress)
    • Just one? Well. Look up at my answer to #1 and you get the gist.

5. What’s the one food you don’t ever get tired of? (from That Army Wife Life)
    • There were a number of things I wanted to put down but now with my current feelings (“THAT friend” finally showed up recently) I would have to say Chocolate! It comes in a variety of flavors with different mixtures. Oh, how I love it. You can have it straight, make brownies, muffins, cake, ice cream, have it on strawberries or bananas and so much more... mmm... I’m sure it has saved marriages!

No comments:

Post a Comment